cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1200 series Access point with Elektron server configuration

sdandamuri
Level 1
Level 1

I am using Elektron server for WPA authentication for my Cisco Aironet 1200 series Access Points.

If some Buddy having a related documentaion Please forward it to me on skumar@locuz.com or satishjawla@yahoo.co.in

1 Reply 1

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

Elektron involves a very simple installation under Mac OS X and Windows. After installation, the Elektron Settings application controls the server's features. Each access point on a network must be configured to point to the Elektron server, which needs to be installed on a machine that has a static IP address, although for LANs, this address can be a private NAT address. The Access Points pane of the settings program lets you enter a shared password which is then used on each access point to exchange data with Elektron.The Restrict Access Points to Local Network checkbox when checked keeps Elektron local; uncheck it, and remote offices can use Elektron for authentication. But remember that a routable IP address is needed in that configuration, that you're opening up Elektron to potential external attack, and that losing Internet access in a remote location means losing all subsequent access to the WLAN--users that have authenticated can remain on the network but new users can't join until access is restored.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card