cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1242AG duel antenna Workgroup Bridge

Tunamurray
Level 1
Level 1

I have an Aironet 1242 AG that I have configured as a mobile workgroup bridge. I have noticed when you enable the bridge on Radio0 (G) Radio1 (A) is disabled or cannot be configured as a bride on top. I read it several places in the documentation that it will do this but I haven't seen an explanation as to why. The 1242 is going to be moving throughout a building so if it is possible I need to find a way to configure it so that if Radio0 looses signal it will jump to Radio1 until Radio0 has a good signal again. I can't make any modifications to the stationary broadcasting access points but they are also 1242 access points. If anyone could tell me if this is possible and how to do it or why it is not possible I would be grateful.

Thanks,

Matt

1 Reply 1

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

Enabling the Hot standby activates both the Radio. But both the Radios will be activated at a time meaning communication happens simultaneously on both the Radios. One Radio will not act a s a backup Radio for the other.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card