Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1252

j.mahdavi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

we have purchased 30 AIR-AP1252g-e-k9 access points which as I understand it come with a 2.4Ghz b/g/n module in them.

I also think that we have the 5Ghz antennae.

My first question is that is there a way to tell which antennae they are?

Second if we have 2.4 modules and 5 antennae does this have any affect or does it not matter?

Third what is the difference between the 2.4 and 5 modules? Am I correct in thinking that the difference is the 2.5 covers b g and n standards and the 5 modules cover a and n only. With 5.Ghz having less interference?

1 Reply 1

weterry
Level 4
Level 4

Correct, the 1252G probably has one module with 3 antenna slots on it.

If you had the 1252AG, then I believe it would have 2 modules, with 6 antenna slots.

The typical 2.4 ghz antennas are rounded all the way around the antenna

The 5ghz antennas however are kind of square shapped around the antenna. I think it basically has two flat sides and the curves around between them. Do you have a part number for the antenna?

2.4 is b/g/n - more common

5 is a/n - less interference

I really can't answer for the 5ghz antennas on a 2.4 radio. I'm pretty sure that there is a Signal Attenuation issue when your antennas don't match. It might work, but probably not as optimally as it would if you had the correcct antenna

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card