Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1300

silva.jorge
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does the Aironet 1300 series works as repeater ? And does it works both as bridge and access point at the same time ?

Thank you

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jorge,

Operating Roles for the Autonomous Access Point/Bridge

The autonomous access point/bridge unit can be configured into one of seven operating roles

Root Bridge Specifies that the unit is operating as a root bridge and that it connects directly to the main Ethernet LAN network. In this mode, the unit accepts associations from other Cisco Aironet bridges and wireless client devices.

Non-Root Bridge Specifies that the unit is operating as a non-root bridge, that it connects to a remote LAN network, and that it must associate with a Cisco Aironet root bridge using the wireless interface.

Root Bridge with Wireless Clients Specifies that the unit is operating as a root bridge and accepts wireless client associations.

Non-Root Bridge with Wireless Clients Specifies that the unit is operating as a non-root bridge and accepts wireless client associations.

Access Point Specifies that the unit operates as an access point connected to the main Ethernet LAN network. In this mode, wireless client devices are allowed to associate to the unit.

Repeater Specifies that the unit is operating as a repeater (also called repeater non-root) that is not connected to the wired LAN and supports wireless clients.

Workgroup Bridge Specifies that the unit operates as a workgroup bridge connected to a small wired Ethernet LAN network through an Ethernet hub or switch. The workgroup bridge must associate to a Cisco Aironet access point or a Cisco Aironet bridge.

From this good doc;

Cisco Aironet 1300 Series Wireless Outdoor Access Point/Bridge Hardware Installation Guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5861/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a008079b93b.html#wp1078911

Hope this helps!

Rob

Well as I can use the same Access Point to be bridge and AP, to associate Bridges and Clients.

I want to know if I can use a differant antennas on the same Bridge. I mean a directional for the bridge and and omni for the AP to clients? can I use the two antennas on the same hardware?

Omar,

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card