Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1400 Point to Multipoint Bridging

edgar.valdivia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everybody

I`m already desinging a Wireless Point to Multipoint Bridging with Aironet 1400. I was Wondering if on the Central point the 1400 should has a external omnidireccional anntena to support all the others bridges... that is: this AP will be the multipoint bridge.

Could I use all the 1400 AP with integrated anntenas and get that the Central AP work in a multipoint configuration?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

a.kiprawih
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Yes, you could, as long as the signal from all non-root bridges can reach the Central AP (root bridge).

Just make sure they used the same SSID, WEP key (if any) and the radio channel as all non-roots will automatically inherit root's radio config.

Rgds,

AK

Hi

does it mean that Aironet 1400 has a Omnidireccional antena integrated?

doesn`t it care that in the root AP come signal from other AP not get on the front panel`s antena?.

I`m not sure if I should use a external omnidireccional antena like "AIR-ANT58G9VOA-N"

Regards

Hi,

Cisco Aironet 1400 has a model with integrated 22.5 dBi patch array antenna, the AIR-BR1410A-A-K9.

The integrated radio and high-gain integrated patch array antenna is used in point-to-point links and the non-root nodes of point-to-multipoint networks.

You can (need to) use the external omnidirectional AIR-ANT58G9VOA-N antenna type for your N-type root bridge unit (AIR-BR1410A-A-K9-N).

Basically, these models are ideal for each other in both point-to-point & point-to-multipoint connectivity scenarios.

Cisco 1400 N-type is recommended to use the following external antenna type:

* 9.0 dBi vertically polarized omni antenna --> you need this

* 9.5 dBi sector antenna with support for vertical or horizontal linear polarization

* 28.0 dBi dish antenna with support for vertical or horizontal linear polarization

ref: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/wireless/ps5279/products_data_sheet09186a008018495c.html

Aironet 1400 Bridge Ref:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/wireless/ps5279/prod_technical_reference09186a0080184933.html

Rgds,

AK

I am building a Point to Multipoint network with 1200 AP's at the end points of the multipoint arrays. I would like to implement VLANs on all the radio/ethernet hardware interfaces.

I have all the radios installed and want to avoid resetting the hardware and any more ladder work.

There are approximately 10 multipoint radios and 10 AP's. Along with Root radio.

I have the VLANs setup in the router and switch and want to get the clients out of the hardware network.

Any thoughts on how to go about this change from the comfort of the NOC?

Thanks,

Kim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card