cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 350 able to Repeat DI-624? Waste of time??

hollisterdj
Level 1
Level 1

Okay guys...lend me your expertise here.

Essentially I'm just trying to get a 350 to function as a repeater for my DI-624. I've gone through and done everything 3 times. Made sure the communications standards and settings are the same. Added the correct Root AP MAC for my 624, set everything to Non-Root Repeater mode. Added the SSID of my 624. I've even tried to clone the IP address, and then just increase it by one in the 4th octet to see if that makes a difference.

But no matter what, my 350 will not associate with the 624. The radio goes to line protocol down when I set it to Repeater mode. The radio light just blinks erratically like it's trying to associate...but never does. Looking at the event logs, I can see radio resets, and then SSID matching errors. I've also seen "driver failed", and "WPA V1 Check error V2 needed".

But I can also see one heck of a lot of CRC errors on the radio, and a TON junked packets. Which may or may not be attributed to the SSID association failure I figure.

I know that the B standard didn't include repeating, but I was wondering if it was a successful combination with these two perhaps? I have the Aironet Ext. turned off as well...

Has anyone ever successfully repeated a D-Link product with a Cisco Aironet AP?

I'm about to just get another 350 and see if I can repeat it out- just so I know I'm doing it right. But I've triple checked everything I can think of.

Thoughts???

1 Reply 1

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

Your setup should work under ideal conditions. But the very fact that you are seeing a lot of CRC errors means that there is some issue that needs to be sorted out. CRC errors and PLCP errors can occur due to Radio Frequency interference. The higher the number of radios in a cell (APs, Bridges or Clients), higher are the chances for the occurrence of these errors. For more information on these read the document available at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps5279/products_tech_note09186a0080508551.shtml#crcplcp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card