cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 350 AP Broadcasts Problem

khunsaker
Level 1
Level 1

I have an Aironet 350 running 11.21 that keeps broadcasting the SSID about 500 times a minute. Is this a software bug? I was unable to find anything like this in the Bug Tool.

4 Replies 4

derwin
Level 5
Level 5

This will depend on what you set the beacon period to it is in Kmicroseconds

One Kmicrosec equals 1,024 microseconds

I can double check for you but I think the default is 100 or every 0.1024 seconds which would go close to what you are seeing as normal operation

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo_350/accsspts/ap350scg/ap350ch3.htm#80382

I double checked and we have the broadcast option turned off. Our second AP is working fine with same setting we are not getting any broadcast coming from it.

This locatioin is also dropping users randomly no set time or length. Any sugestion would greatly helpful. Would upgrading to a new version solve this problem.

"Our second AP is working fine with same setting we are not getting any broadcast coming from it. "

What firmware is it running I know you said that the one that is not working is running 11.21 but what about the one that is working ? If it is a different version then try it on the other AP and see if that resolves the issue.

If it does not then I would try a full reset (same as password recovery technique) and then test again

11.21 is a little older now, I am not one that says upgrade for the sake of upgrading but in WLAN it pays to be on the latest or near to the latest, the main driver for this is the advances in security features

Both units are running 11.21. If this doesn't work I will try a new firmware.

Thank you for the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card