Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Aironet 350 client freezes laptop

Hi,

My Aironet 350 pcmcia and Dell Inspiron 8200 (XP) have been working well together for two months; but now, after no hardware or software changes, the lan card freezes my laptop- whether I boot with the card in, or remove the card, and insert when windows has loaded. I get the same results in safe mode.

The symptoms are the same- card goes in, both LEDs light up, and then the laptop freezes when the LED lights go out. I've tried removing the drivers manually, uninstalling the cisco ACU, installing the latest drivers from the cisco website, setting drivers to be disabled using msconfig. I've tried the card in a sony viao laptop - no crash, and I've put a lucent orinico card into my Dell- again no problems.

Any ideas would be appreciated, this problem is driving me crazy! A general card failure?

Thanks,

T.

2 REPLIES

Re: Aironet 350 client freezes laptop

We have encounterd a number of problems when we use Cisco drivers for the PCMCIA card and come to a conclution that the card works stable with the built in Windows XP drivers.

So , try removing the cisco drivers completely. If the card shows up in the Device manager, Uninstall it too. Get it to a point where next time when you insert the card, XP should come up with' New Hardware Found' and let it use its own drivers.

Re: Aironet 350 client freezes laptop

Thanks for your quick response. Do you happen to have a link to a complete list of Aironet drivers, to ensure I delete them all?

Many thanks,

T.

Views
Helpful
Replies