cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 350 Compatible w/LinkSys WAP?

kleinfelter
Level 1
Level 1

I'm unable to get an Aironet 350 to communicate successfully with a LinkSys WAP. Has anyone succeeded with this?

I've tried all the obvious - same ssid, no WEP, setting the WAP to different channels, long/short preamble. The WAP works with a LinkSys PC Card, but the Aironet won't "associate" with it. Statistics shows lots of PLCP CRC errors on the Aironet.

I know that the Aironet 340 works with Linksys. Has anyone gotten the 350 to fly? If so, I'd love to hear from you here or at -- cisco<at>kleinfelter.com.

4 Replies 4

kleinfelter
Level 1
Level 1

Oddly enough, the Aironet card successfully communicates in ad hoc mode with a Linksys card, it just fails to connect to the LinkSys access point. Help!

blue.modal
Level 1
Level 1

I've done it, and I don't remember anything odd - but I use mostly CE clients.

There's an interesting article in the next PC Mag on interoperability:

www.pcmag.com/image_popup/?iid=11601&s=1474

Remember, they tested everything with stock antennas.

Matthew Wheeler

jharnold
Level 1
Level 1

Just setup my BEFSR41W V2 and have used it with no problems with my 342 and 352 PC cards. Nothing special, just set it up (XP) and it worked. What I can't get working is 128 bit WEP on either card.

Finally got WEP working on my 352 card. Using XP, in the ACU I had to click the "Allow windows to configure my wireless network settings" box under profile manager. Once I did that I tried 64 bit and 128 bit WEP with great results. Haven't tried the 342 card yet, but I expect it to preform the same. Linksys tech support was completely useless, telling me that they don't offer support for WEP and that I should enter a 10 digit key for 128 bit WEP......not good, but for $138 out the door for a wireless AP what can you expect?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card