Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 350 PCMCIA under Win CE 4.1

I need to connect a Siemens Simpad SL4 (Win CE 4.1) to a WPA encrypted router. Support for the 350 is embedded in the 4.1 OS but only for WEP encryption. I have downloaded & installed the latest CE driver (2.70). When the card is inserted the Activity LED lights briefly & then there is no further sign of life on the card. On trying to run the ACU I get a message that ACU or one of it's components can't be found. I'm guessing the downloaded driver is conflicting with the embedded one. Any suggestions gratefully received.

3 Replies 3

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Yes the problem is with the driver. I dont think that the 350 series cards supports WPA key management. WPA is supported only on 802.11g radios. For more information on compatibility of WPA with Cisco equipments have a look at the following URL.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_qanda_item0900aecd801e3e59.shtml

You have completely misread my post. The issue is nothing whatsoever to do with WPA. The issue is that the downloaded 2.70 driver/ACU doesn't load/run. Once that issue is resolved THEN the issue of WPA can be addressed. FYI, WPA encryption was added to CE driver 2.60.

Anyone out there actually know what they're talking about?

Actually, if you read over the web page, you will see that WPA is supported by 802.11b. WPA2 is only supported by 802.11g.

Seth

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card