Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Aironet 4800-E

I have an Aironet 4800-E with removable reverse TNC antennas. I updated the firmware today to the latest and greatest (version AP48v865_2.450) and I am having problems trying to get WEP enabled. If I go to the radio section there is a link to add WEP keys and set the transmit key, but nothing seems to take. Setting radio encryption to on just reverts back to off. I think that this is a very old access point and I am wondering if it just needs to be replaced with a 340 or 350? It does have a push button power switch and even an AUI and BNC along with RJ-45 connectors for ethernet connectivity. Any help would be great, I either have to get this working with WEP, or shut it off. Also, the Web interface is old, not like the 340 or 350, even after the firmware update.

Dave

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Aironet 4800-E

Yes, that is the old pre-340 model. 340 is required to support WEP so you’ll need to upgrade if that’s your requirement.

Re: Aironet 4800-E

Thanks so much for the reply. This AP is being removed from our network.

Regards...

Dave

Views
Helpful
Replies