Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 600 Series AP

m1xed0s
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hey, all

Just got the 600 Series AP showed up on my desk. But the part # on the back of the AP shows "AIR-OEAP602I-x-K9". According to Cisco doc, this part# is for Controller based AP but we just need a standalone AP.

So is it possible to flash it to be a standalone one OR we need to return it and order a different one?

Thanks,

/S          

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

OEAP 600 supports both access to WLC(corp ssid broadcast require wlc access) and non-WLC(personal ssid broadcast doesn't require wlc) based wired & wireless access.

http://www.cisco.com/image/gif/paws/113003/office-extend-config-00.pdf

The default DHCP scope of the Cisco Aironet 600 Series OEAP is 10.0.0.x so you can browse to the AP on

ports 1−3 using the address of 10.0.0.1. The default username and password are admin.

it can't be flashed to use on standalone mode only, better replace it for Aironet AP.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

OEAP 600 supports both access to WLC(corp ssid broadcast require wlc access) and non-WLC(personal ssid broadcast doesn't require wlc) based wired & wireless access.

http://www.cisco.com/image/gif/paws/113003/office-extend-config-00.pdf

The default DHCP scope of the Cisco Aironet 600 Series OEAP is 10.0.0.x so you can browse to the AP on

ports 1−3 using the address of 10.0.0.1. The default username and password are admin.

it can't be flashed to use on standalone mode only, better replace it for Aironet AP.

I was almost sure that is the case ...

I have sent in other options

Aironet 1040: AIR-AP1042N-x-K9

Cisco AP541N

Cisco WAP4410N

Cisco WAP321

Thanks,

/S

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: