cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet - Airport - DSL(PPPoE)

nagu
Level 1
Level 1

How do I configure the aironet 350 AP and Airport to connect to my provider's(Verizon DSL) PPPoE connection?

The airport sees the aironet access point. But I can't enable the PPPoE connection. The web interface to the aironet configuration shows up. Should I set the AIRONET in cable DSL modem mode or the connection mode(it lists three options - I forget the third option). The airport admin utility doesn't show the aironet base station to configure.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Nagu

4 Replies 4

beth-martin
Level 5
Level 5

What is Airport? I’m not familiar with that product. Is it Cisco’s?

0r-lau
Level 1
Level 1

Are you using the Aironet 350 AP or Aironet 340 Base Station? The Airport you're referring to is from Apple, am I right?

Are you trying to connect the Aironet and Airport using wireless?

Let me try and understand your problem. You DSL is connected to your Airport and your Airport is connected to your Aironet using wirelss.

Regards,

Ron

Yes. You are right. Sorry for being cryptic.

My setup:

Apple iBook with G3 processor running OS X 10.1.1 with airport(wireless client from Apple - I believe Lucent makes those :-(

Trying to connect to Aironet 340(you are right again! - it's not 350) base station. The aironet is connected to the DSL modem. I downloaded the mac utility but that doesn't detect the basestation. The browser sees it okay. I read somewhere that aironet extensions need to be turned off.

I will try to connect to the LAN using the basestation first at work. If airport and basestattion talk, I will worry about DSL later.

thanks,

nagu

You don't need the Airport in the setup. You should be able to connect to the Base Station from your iBook.

Yes, the wireless from Apple is manufactured by Lucent.

I have tried using the Airport with the Cisco Aironet PC Cards and it works fine. Maybe you should try and use the Airport with the DSL instead.

Its not possible to communicated between the Airport and Aironet Base Station. To my knowledge, only the Cisco Access Points can talk to each other wirelessly.

Regards,

Ron

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card