cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet Configuration for a Flat Network

Michael Marzol
Level 1
Level 1

We have recently aquired a remote location which has a pre-existing flat network (172.16.X.X/16). Before we are able to convert them over to our new IP scheme, they have a need to have wireless connectivity on site. We have 4 1142's which I need to configure for them. I have experience configuring WLC's and autonomous AP's for networks with multiple vlans but have never configured AP's for a flat, single subnet network. I need to configure them for either guest access (internet only) or corporate access to network resources with radius authentication. Do I configure a native vlan as I would for a typical multi vlan network? Do I configure the switch port as an access port as opposed to a trunk beacause of the lack of layer 3? I basically need a sample configuration for this situation.

1 Reply 1

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

answered :

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2129358?tstart=0

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: