cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet Desktop Utility vs. Lenovo Thinkvantage Access Connections

evetts
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new Lenovo ThinkPad t61 w/Centrino 4965ag and it uses Lenovo Thinkvantage Access Connections to manage the internal card. I also want to use the Cisco PCMCIA 802.11abg card and manage it with the Aironet Client Utility. Obviously not having success.

I have set WZconfig to maual, I have even disabled the Centrino in Network Connections. In Admin Tools\Serv I have even tried setting both Ac Profile Manager Service and Access Connections Main Service to "manual" and stopped the services.

In Network Connections I can see the card, I can disable and enable the card, but in Aironet Client Utility, it doesn't see the card.

Help

3 Replies 3

jeromehenry_2
Level 3
Level 3

Are you running XP or Vista?

In XP, I would unistall/reinstall. Card needs to be enabled for the ADU to manage it (this is done automatically if you do not stop the card in network connections). DO you see LEDs on the card?

Have a look here as well:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4555/products_qanda_item09186a0080094cdc.shtml

On Vista, ADU is not supported, CB21AG is supposed to be natively supported by the OS... on SP1 at least, but haven't tested it, gave up on this OS months ago.

hth

Jerome

Jeromy,

thanks for responding.

Running XP.

Yes, I was deligent in making sure that the radial button was selected to have ADU manage the card.

I will check out you link.

Any other ideas?

Mmm, more worrying then...

Which ThinkVantage Access Connections version do you have?

Do you see LEDs on the card when inserted?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: