cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet with Symbol and Zebra

c.stamataras
Level 1
Level 1

I am facing a strange problem with 1242 APs amd Symbol wireless scanners and Zebra wireless printers. For the frequency channel I left the default config (least congested) and I had: printers working OK, scanners had signal flactuating. I changed the config with static non-overlaping frequencies and now : scanners ok, printers with signal flactuating (15%-75% even though user does not move)! Any ideas what I should look for or change in the parameters? I notice that I have many log messages of the form:

%DOT11-4-MAXRETRIES: Packet to client 00a0.xxxx.xxxx reached max retries, removing the client.

Any ideas? Thanx in advance...

2 Replies 2

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

Roaming messages are caused by the wireless clients seeing a better AP within it's range and they are constantly roaming/transferring from one AP to another.

Finally, the problem was interference from a nearby airport and the fact that the channels were configured as "least congested". When I configured them with specific freuency and away from te airport channels, it worked fine!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card