Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet1200: No ip from DHCP Server

Wilhelmsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All!

The problem is: My Access Point(AP) (Aironet1200) dont' t spread any IP-Adresses from our dhcp server to the WLAN Clients. The Access Point is connected to the lan.

So, my WLAN Card gets only an ip-adress when my LAN Card is connected to the network (so connected to the dhcp).Booth Cards get an ip.

With associated IP there's a connection to the WLAN Access Point and i can ping the dhcp.

my encryption ist WPA - PSK. And i have got a MAC Filter

My questions are: Is there a problem with my dhcp server? Or a problem with the encryption? Or a bug with the Access Point?

Have you any suggestions.

thanks for your help

1 Reply 1

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

This can happen if there is a problem in the AP configuration or the switch side configuration where the DHCP server is present. If you have multiple VLANs on the AP ensure that the native VLAN configuration on the AP match with the native VLAN on the Switch port to which the AP is connected to. For more information on native VLANs read the document available at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_configuration_example09186a00801d0815.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card