Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Anchor and guest controller IOS version

Hello,

I know that the recommendation from Cisco for the mobility anchor feature to work well  is

to use the same IOS version on the anchor WLC and local WLC controller.

Now I´ll install on a new site a 5508 local WLC with a newer IOS version which is installed

on the other controllers ( Guest and local ). Later I´ve planned to update also the other controllers

to the same IOS version.

Now my question has anyone done this before ? Works this without problems or must I

upgrade all other controller at the same time ?

• Other Wireless - Mobility Subjects
4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

You could have a different code running on the foreighn and the anchor.  Here is a matrix of the code and the EoIP compatibility.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_qanda_item09186a00809ba482.shtml#Q-Aug08

Thanks, Scott *****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

Hi ,

Many thanks for the link. This was the information what I missed and don´t found.

Thanks

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Anchor and guest controller IOS version

No problem

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks, Scott *****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

Hi Scott,

I've a similar question from our customer. Did you find also such a matrix with the WLC versions 7.0 to 7.2?

Do we have also to take care?

kind regards

alex

Views
Helpful
Replies