Views
Helpful
Replies

Anchor-Foreign setup with webauth , clients prompted for reauthentication

Angus Bishop
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Folks ,

I have a  setup with 5508 controller in Anchor - foreign setup .

My SSID is configured with webauth in foreign controller  and is anchored to the anchor controller .

My client when  disconects and reconnects  he is  redirected again to the login page .

I have checked the user idle timout and  session time out where i have kept a larger value but the issue is not got resolved

I had did a debug of the client from bot anchor and the foreign , please find the logs attached

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you post your show WLAN on both the foreign and anchor

What do you have the session timer and idle timer set to on your anchor?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

7.5 introduces sleep client feature

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn75.html

Guest access clients that have had successful web authentication are allowed to sleep and wake up without having to go through another authentication process. You can configure the duration for which the sleeping clients are to be remembered for reauthentication. The valid range is 1 hour to 720 hours (30 days), with the default duration being 12 hours. You can configure the duration on a WLAN and on a user group policy that is mapped to the WLAN.

Angus Bishop
Level 1
Level 1

Hi saravanan.

Will I be able to configure sleeping client feature in anchor foreign setup . Where do I need to enable the sleeping client option .

Regards
Angus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Sleeping clients work after the idle timer expires. You need to make sure that your configuration is correct. The session timer should always be higher than the idle timer. These have to be set on the anchor WLC. Idle timer I wouldn't go past 2-4 hours and only use sleeping clients if you don't want users to login after x number of hours (after idle timer expires) up to 30 days.

If clients still are being forced to login, then there is a configuration issue.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott, I have a few questions around it. 

So, am I supposed to enable sleeping client in WLANs on both foreign and anchor controllers? or just on the Anchor controller?

As to the session time-out for the sleeping clients, would it reset to the default or would stop elapsing when the client goes into sleeping? I could not find these information on Cisco.com at all.

is there any Cisco documents that explains requirement details of configuration between WLANs on Foreign and Anchor controllers? if you could share it with it. it would be great.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card