Views
Helpful
Replies

Anchor WLC stops giving DHCP addresses

david_mayor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are running Cisco WLC 6.0.199.4 as our foreign WLC and anchor WLC in the DMZ. Usually, all is fine but we observe sometimes that client cannot obtain dhcp address anymore. The DHCP server configured is the management interface of the anchor WLC and it works well except that sometimes, is stops working.

The clients are listed as associated client on the Anchor WLC but their status is DHCP REQ.

Sometimes, a reboot is required, sometimes it re-works few hours later without any intervention.

When it happens, we can see dhcp request reaching the Anchor WLC but it is like if no reply is sent.

Has anyone observed such behavior already ?

Thanks in advance,

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Here is the software bug on the WLC software code that we are running!!

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&b
ugId=CSCth68708

Please upgrade the WLC to the latest code that we have and this will resolve the issue!!

Please dont forget to rate the usefull posts!!

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Here is the software bug on the WLC software code that we are running!!

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&b
ugId=CSCth68708

Please upgrade the WLC to the latest code that we have and this will resolve the issue!!

Please dont forget to rate the usefull posts!!

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply ! It was since several weeks that I look for any bug or anyone with that problem.

We will update our WLC very soon then.

Thanks a lot,

David

Lemme know if u need any kinda assistance and i will be more than happy to assist you!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Hello,

I still have some problems. But it is even more strange because an SSID works perfectly while another one keeps clients in DHCP_REQD mode.

This does not make sense because the two SSID's share the same dhcp pool on the anchor WLC and both have the same mobility anchor to the same Anchor WLC.

We are using 6.0.202.0 for foreign WLC and for anchor WLC.

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks a lot.

I had the same problem with different earlier code versions and decided to go to an external DHCP server and never saw the problem again. I didn't get to try with latest 7.x code, tough.

Rob Simkins
Level 1
Level 1

I've come across a recent bug emerged -

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtw94633&from=summary

Using 7.0.235.0 - anchored clients seem to get IP addressing at random.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: