Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anchoring Guest WLAN at the DMZ

Currently running 7.0.116.0 code and trying to anchor a 5508 wlan at the DMZ (4400). I have redundant controllers at the DMZ that are created for Internet access only. When I build the WLAN on the local controller, I would like to add both anchors for redundancy purposes. My first question is with two mobility anchors configured "are clients distributed in a round robin fashion or primary secondary fashion"? The next question is can both anchor controllers share the same subnet and just have different interface IP addresses?

Thanks

Tom Hamilton

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

it will dynamically load balance between both 4400s on round robin fashion and won't work like active/standby.

Yes, all involved anchors need to have unique interface ip, it doesn't work like hsrp/vrrp. Regards to dhcp make sure you've non overlapping dhcp scope between the anchors(if internal dhcp is used).

Tom,

Welcome to CSC.

I might also recommend having a different mobility domain name between the anchors and foreign controllers, for the DMZ. This way your foreign controllers aren't sending unnecessary mobility messages to the DMZ anchor.

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content