Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Antenna Cable specification

I need create a cable of specific lenght to connect a Aironet Bridge 350 to a Yagi Antenna

I need to know the specification of the cable to be use !!!

2 REPLIES

Re: Antenna Cable specification

this http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/witc/ao350ap/prodlit/agder_rg.htm says "Typical length on all antennas is 36" Hope that helps.

Green

Re: Antenna Cable specification

You'll need 50 ohm cable. More specifically, you'l need some very good quality 50 Ohm cable. At 2.4 Gig, the best 50 ohm coax (something like Belden 9913) is going to lose something like 28db db per 100 meters (~9db per 100 feet). This is just cable loss, connectors sharp bends, etc will drop the signal even more.

If you're going to run for any significant distance, you should be looking at a mini hardline transmission cable, something like Andrew LDF4-50. The 3/8" LDF4-50 only loses ~5-6 db per hundred feet and has significantly better noise figures.

The LDF4-50 1/2" hardline has ~3-4 DB loss at 100ft.

Even the 1/4" superflex (about the same size as RG/59) is roughly twice the signal as the larger 9913/RG214 size coax cables (~6db/100ft versus ~9DB /100FT).

If you order a hardline/mini-hardline, I'd suggest having it factory connectorized. The connectors are not easily mounted without the proper tools and knowledge.

Good Luck

Scott

Views
Helpful
Replies