Views
Helpful
Replies

Antenna pole specification

c.ong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have proposed to use AIR-ANT4121 as the outdoor antenna as it is the highest gain antenna that operates in omni mode.

The outdoor antenna and the AP will be located along the highway.

From the datasheet, I know that the dimensions are, length: 40 in (101cm) and diameter: 1.3in (3cm). My customer requires me to give them the design of the pole that need to support the antenna as well as the height of the pole. The local council restricts them to erect any pole of their choice. The customer needs to submit the design to the local council.

My concern is the height of the antenan off the ground. I know that the antenna should be mounted perpendicular to the gound. However it should be 11metres high or higher?

The base of the pole that needs to support the antenna? The diameter is only 3cm, do you think I should use a hook instead of a flat surface to support the antenna?

Thanks.

Delon

3 Replies 3

hankoh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Delon,

I suppose you are in Malaysia and you are not working in any of the GSM Operators (Maxis, Celcom). That's why you are not aware of the RF regulation ruled by the MCMC. Your design (Infra and Freq) will have to be approved by the MCMC. You may obtain a copy of the guildline from them. Your technical design will need to be MCMC complied. This will give you considerable constraints on the design and antenna proposed.

If you are using a pole, then it's maximum height should be half of the building height, or a maximum height of 12 meters if the building's half length exceeds 12 meters. This is one of the MCMC rules.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Hi Han,

Thanks for your valuable feedback.

I will keep that in mind.

Do you have a soft copy of the guidelines by chance?

Regards,

Delon

Hi Delon,

I am afraid I have not done any PWLAN in Malaysia. So I don't have any MCMC guildline on that.

You may find the following site useful:-

http://www.mcmc.gov.my/mcmc/facts_figures/codes_gl/index.asp

Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card