Views
Helpful
Replies

Antennas 2485p-r design

ivan.martin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello my name is Ivan, I have a question:

I can install an access point AIR-AP1242AG-A-K9 AIR patch antenna with two-ANT2485P-R 8.5dBi gain in a stock of 5905,511 ft2 area (45ft x 40ft) and have excellent coverage inalamabrica?. I would like to install the antennas at the top to 3 meters high with a wooden stand and facing the floor.

Thanks for tour answers

Regards

Ivan.

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I can install an access point AIR-AP1242AG-A-K9 AIR patch antenna with two-ANT2485P-R 8.5dBi gain in a stock of 5905,511 ft2 area (45ft x 40ft) and have excellent coverag

Not it won't work.

For starters the clients can hear the signal but the WAP won't be able to hear the signal coming from the clients (unless the clients have their own 8.5 dBi gain antenna).

You need to put a number of WAPs in between the to be able to "pick up" the signals coming from the clients.

Thanks leolaohoo

I don't understand very well. I would like to put just two ap 1242ag-a-k9 in the site. It has a 1600 meters  of area.

Could you give some advice please, to deploy the access points and get an excelent cover with antennas that have a excelent features.

Thanks for your answer

I don't understand very well. I would like to put just two ap 1242ag-a-k9 in the site. It has a 1600 meters  of area.

Think of your situation like this:  You and your friend are out in a wide open space.  You have a bullhorn and he doesn't.  Let him go, say, 50 metres away.  You talk normally but using a bullhorn.  He can hear you, right?  Now ask your friend to talk to you normally (not shouting).  Can you hear him?  I doubt.  That's what it is.  The 8.5 dBi antenna acts like a "bullhorn".   So my answer is still the same:  You will not get this to work because the WAP has a powerful antenna but your client doesn't.

Could you give some advice please, to deploy the access points and get an excelent cover with antennas that have a excelent features.

Get more WAPs and a wireless site survey.  You can also test my recommendation by setting up the WAP, get a laptop and do a continuous ping.  You will come to a point where the laptop will detect 5/5 signal strength but your ping drops constantly.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card