Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Any One Know Then Please Help Me

I wnat to connect 5places by cisco wireless product all are 40km in distance . If i use point to point then it is ok but if i want to use multi point to Point then what are the product I have to use can any one help me ... I am looking for it badly...

1 REPLY

Re: Any One Know Then Please Help Me

we had done a lot of P2P network with 40km of distance but it's very hard to do antenna adjustement for that distance.

For a P2MP network on that distance you should use antenna diversity who's concist of double you antenna with splitter ( as in AP 802.11b ). You can't use omni directionnal antenna because the gain is too small. You have to plan a path using the 3 channel ( 1-6-11 ) using some antenna at 21 to 24 DBI gain.

The best way to do it is to build a site in the middle of all the building to cut the distance. It will be more expensive but more realible.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content