cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone seeing these issues with 7.5.102.0?

campbech1
Level 1
Level 1

Since upgrading from 7.3 to 7.5.102.0 we are seeing the following issues and wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same.

Wireless clients will show connected and associated to the WLC and have an IP address but are unable to ping out or connect to anything. If you do a show client detail I see the device has an IP address, but both the gateway and subnet mask are set to UNKNOWN. Until I kick the user off the network and force a reauthentication, it won't reconnect.

On our public WiFi network, Android phones won't get the redirect page on Google Chrome. If you use IE it works everytime.

Thank you.

5 Replies 5

This is a known bug in 7.5.102.0 release. CSCui87814 . It is fixed in upcoming 7.6.x release (expect in Dec 2013)

There is a workaround for this. You have to do the following configuration to get this working. It is required to reboot after this configuration

config network secureweb cipher-option rc4-preference enable

"Chrome 29 adds TLS 1.2 support, and WLC is selecting a crypto suite over TLS 1.0 that apparently is breaking client"

you can find the more detail in this post.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4034423#4034423

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
If you do a show client detail I see the device has an IP address, but both the gateway and subnet mask are set to UNKNOWN.

I saw this (7.4.100) on a Ubuntu laptop (distro version 13.4) with an Intel 6205-N.  Intel card running the latest Ubuntu driver.  I can ping the IP address fine.

yes, i have seen this issue on my MAC book from time to time on 7.4 code .. not so much on 7.5

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

not so much on 7.5

Agree.  I don't see this behaviour on 7.5.

We had this guest portal re-direction issue with 7.5.102.0 for android  as by default it use chrome as browser. Applied this work around & that fixed the issue.

So my response more around "Android phones won't get the redirect page on Google Chrome, If you use IE it works everytime"

HTH

Rasika

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card