cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone using a 7500 controller?

Daniel Graham
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer requesting input from other companies using 7500 controller. I am looking at installing one to manage 30 branch locations with anywhere from 2 to 150 AP per site. Currently no controller exists.

Just looking for a breif review of your experience and likes/dislikes about this model / controllers in general.

Much appreciated-

dan-

12 Replies 12

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Nope.

I have no experience with this model

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Haha... I have, but the only difference from any of my 5508 installs and the 7500 is the 10 gig interface and the fact that all AP's are in FlexConnect. My client has over 500 AP's in FlexConnect and have redundant 7500's.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

How has your clients experience been with it?

Fine. We have other large customers with 12+ 7500's with no issues.

-Scott

Have you or a client had experience in an environment with a large number of AP's in standalone mode without a controller?

I have.  I had customers that ran large SWAN deployments that worked like a FELLA(BOSS)

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Haha... Yeah I have to, but that was way back in the days. I would never deploy standalone now a days.

-Scott

Very understandable. Any comments on why you wouldnt do so?

That easy... Large deployment, centralized management. I don't have to configure each AP. If I want to upgrade, I upgrade the WLC and the WLC upgrades all the AP's. In a standalone, you have to upgrade each one and manage each ap configuration.

-Scott

Ok, last question - any comments regaurding pro's of using a controller vs standalone from an rf and / or user performance perspective that you have witnessed in the real world?

any comments regaurding pro's of using a controller vs standalone from an rf

Centralize controller manages each APs channel and Tx power.

In standalone, this is a manual process and chances of co-channel interferrence, among your own AP and other APs nearby, is high.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card