Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AP 1200 IOS Update

I just updated the firmware on an 1200 access point, using the AP1200-Cisco-IOS-Upgrade-Image-v1.img image file I downloaded from Cisco.

Now, when I try to browse out to the AP using a browser, I'm prompted with a username/password box. I have no idea what the password is and can't find any documentation on what it might be.

Now I can't even configure the AP, is there something I'm missing??

8 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: AP 1200 IOS Update

I upgraded a 1200 to ISO. Before the upgrade I downloaded the config from the 1200. Using the convertion application I uploaded the config (.cfg) and the helper image (.img) to the AP and Now I am not able to access the AP through telnet or http.

The Ap was previosly configured with a username and a password. say username: ABC passwd: XYZ

I have tried Cisco/Cisco, ABC/XYZ, Cisco/XYZ...and so on.

What step am I missing ?

Are you even being prompted for the username/password? We ran into a similliar situation, where we weren't even being prompted for the username after we updated. Ended up sending the units back for replacements.

The default user/password is Cisco/Cisco

If it does not work then leave user name blank and try just the password Cisco.

If the browser does not work how about the CLI interface? have you tried? Connect you PC to the serial interface using Hyperterminal and reboot the unit at least you will see what it does.

Since you lost the unit configuration then I would try a hardware reset again, push and hold the MODE button and then recycle the AP power, this should force the unit to go back to default settings which is Cisco/Cisco.

Good luck!

Try (user name) null or blank

(password) Cisco

Cisco is case sensitive.

The global password is in the documentation.

I have tried all the combinations, but I ma still not able to login to the web page.

I tried the upgrade on a production unit( assuming the CAC tool will retaining my old config).

I tried to immulate the same senario ,

Configured it all the parameters ( username passwd, time server, etc)with the Vx OS on it and use CAC tool to upgrade it, and it workd excactly like the production unit and does not allow users the login thru web. But I can use Cisco/cisco from the console.

I think the CAC tool is either not devloped correctly or lacks documentation.

Presntly I use the CAC tool to collects the VX config,

Modify it by add the lines

ap(config)#username ABC password 7 XYX

and use this config and the helper image to upgrade the APs.

Thank you for your replies.

u need to recover the password. there is afull documentation about that in cisco site, but for ap 1200 just shut down the ap and switched again with keep press on the mode button for about 30 second after that release it and leave it reboot so now u can use the default user name a password for it Cisco/Cisco case sensitive

Have you tried Admin/cisco or Admin/Cisco? Worked for me on a 1220 w.IOS upgrade.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content