Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ap 1230G - Problem connecting 802.11b clients

Hi everyone.

I'm experiencing a problem with a AP1231G. (AIR-AP1231G-E-K9).

I've a mixed network (802.11b/g) with Xp client, Psc gun with Cisco Radio. I can connect correctly all g clients but I cannot connect to the Ap the b client (both Pc and Psc gun). When b client try to associate and authenticate, i can see it in the Ap but I see only his mac-address but not the Ip address (I see 0.0.0.0). Note that client has static ip address.

Is it possible an IOS bug ???

I attach show ver and show run output.

Thanks in advance.

Ermanno.

2 REPLIES
Green

Re: Ap 1230G - Problem connecting 802.11b clients

Bring up the Web GUI, go to the Interfaces screen, and click the config button marked "Default."

If you have the interface set for 'Best Throughput" or "Best Range" you may have a mix of channels that exclude channels that the 802.11b clients need for association.

Also try setting the interface to use "long" preambles. Depending on the age of your "b" clients, they may not be able to handle the short preambles.

Good Luck

Scott

Re: Ap 1230G - Problem connecting 802.11b clients

Hi Scott, thank you for information but, unfortunately, I've already try to setup what you do (If you can see my config. you see that the speed config are set to "default"). I've also try to change prembles mode but the problem still persist.

Bye

Ermanno.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content