cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ap 1252/Enable password after upgrade to LWAPP

Milton Tizoc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi i converted a 1252 to LWAPP with the upgrade tool, but when the ap restarted with the ligthweigh image the access point does not accept the default enable password "Cisco", before upgrade to lightweigh image the enable password was "Cisco" too, now i can not configure the ip address of the controller.

Thanks.

11 Replies 11

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Has the LWAP AP joined the WLC yet?

If The ap's havent joined the wlc yet you can enter these commands:

AP#lwapp ap ip address

AP#lwapp ap ip default-gateway

AP#lwapp ap controller ip address

AP#lwapp ap hostname

(optional)

Here is a link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_tech_note09186a00808e2d27.shtml

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

When the ap has already joined the wlc you can change the default username and password and also enable telnet or ssh:

config ap username password all

config ap telnet enable

config ap ssh enable

You will not be able to configure this ap like an autonomous ap though.

-Scott

Thanks to every body, the problem is that the access point is not joined to the controller, and can not enter to enable mode, I'm in ap>, but when i introduce the enable command i write down the default enable password "Cisco" but it does not accept that password, so i can not enter the comands to tell the ap the ip address of the controller.

Reset the AP back to factory default (using the mode button), after that i will have access using the default passwords.

i did it, i converted the ap to autonomous again with the mode button and with this i have access, but when converted to LWAPP happens the same, the ap does not accept the "Cisco" enable password i can not enter to config the ip address of the controller.

Thanks.

LWAPP ap's do not have an enable password. The command to enter the wlc address I on my previous post. If the ap already joined then you have to configure a username and password from the wlc command line.

-Scott

Thanks for the comments, but the ap is not joined to the WLC yet, i want to config with the commands you said,

AP#lwapp ap ip address

AP#lwapp ap ip default-gateway

AP#lwapp ap controller ip address

but to do that, i have to be in privilege mode, and i cann't because when the ap is restarted after the updgrade to LWAPP image, start in "ap>" no in "ap#", when introduce the enable and then the Cisco password to gain accces to privilege mode it does not accept the password.

Thanks.

Have you tried just entering no password?

-Scott

Yes i tried it, but nothing. It seems at the upgrade the password gets changed, but i have tried with the upgrade tool and manualy.

Thanks.

Thank you so much to every body, the problem was resolved deleting all the files in the flash, maybe in one private file was stored the password.

see you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card