Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AP 2700 Single Image Autonomous & CAPWAP

hello everybody,

a few months ago Peter (see attached reference) wrote that the new 2700 AP will receive a new Single, Unified Software Image - where apparently this image could be used for Autonomous Mode as well as for Controller Based WLAN communication. Up to now - I couldn't see any reference to this feature in the documents. Also not on the new 8.0 WLC Configuration Guide

Has somebody for informations on that ? I'm not interested to know how to switch from CAPWAP to Autonmous Mode (or vice versa) - I know how to do that.

I'm interested to know - if like stated below a switch from CAPWAP to Autonomous (and viceversa) could be handled with a simple CLI Command without the usual "TFTP-Download". Thanks in advance for your support.

Mauro

Reference: http://www.ccierants.com/2014/04/new-cisco-2700-access-points.html

By far my favorite new feature of this AP is a single, unified software image. So no more will you have to remember to order the correct image: (Autonomous, Controller-based or mesh based) but instead you order one part, which comes as controlled based by default and if you need to move it to autonomous you simply plug into the console port and issue a single command. I am sure that you could also change it to autonomous via the CLI once it had actually booted if you wanted as well.

Everyone's tags (1)
5 REPLIES
VIP Purple

I do not think it is accurate

I do not think it is accurate statement at the moment. You have to convert it like any other normal AP.

HTH

Rasika

Hello Rasika - It's more or

Hello Rasika - It's more or less the feature I meant - and many thanks to CSCO119396315 a few more details would help - for example - what autonomous Startup-Config will be taken on the reboot or can I swap back to capwap again and so on - the documentation is quite limited in the document mentioned.

Thanks again 

I'm now in contact with Cisco - I'll keep you updated

Hello Mauro,I entered the

H

As per this document you can

As per this document you can use the command "capwap ap autonomous".

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/15-3-3/configuration/guide/cg15-3-3/cg15-3-3-chap1-overview.html

Hope this helps

VIP Purple

Yes, looks like a new feature

Yes, looks like a new feature to choose the mode when AP boot for the first time.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content