cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 350 Complete Factory Reset

sfeldmann
Level 1
Level 1

I need a way to completely reset the 350 to a factory default config. The buttons on the web interface do not do a complete reset. My vlans still exist after the reset, and this is not desirerable. I'm sure there are other settings still hanging around also. My firmware version is 12.01T1.

Any suggestions/solutions are appreciated.

4 Replies 4

sfeldmann
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to add a bit more info. I found the :resetall command, and this works for the test unit at my desk. This option is not available from telnet, only through serial. I am looking for a solution that I can do remotely such that I will not have to go into the ceilings for each of the AP's.

Thanks.

There is no option for a remote reset of this nature. Only the basic reset you have already described.

This is a security feature, as it will by-pass/reset your username/passwords I am sure you do not want a hacker doing this remotely.

It is the same for a Cisco router, switch etc

I would have to argue your point here. I am not looking for anything other than what is advertised on the AP. I am just looking for it to work properly.

On the Cisco Services/System Config Page there are 2 buttons. 1 is for "Reset All System Factory Defaults" and the other is for the same but it leaves the IP settings.

When I use the Reset all button from the web page, it really does a "Reset Most" I have 5 vlans on the AP before trying to erase the config. When I use this button, the vlans are still present. They have lost their names and other properties, but they are still there, and not removed. The 5 SSID's are removed. This looks like Cisco missed a step and this should be classified as a bug. Would you agree? I can't think of any possible reason that for security sake, Cisco would blank the vlan properties, but leave them on the box. This makes no sense. This would also not fit into the everything but IP catagory - which is really the "Don't saw your arm off" option - because the IP properties must be on the native vlan to work.

What am I missing? Or is it what is Cisco Missing?

This link will show you what is meant to be left

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo_350/accsspts/ap350scg/ap35ch10.htm#1017007

If some of the VLANs info is being left then it does sound like you are encountering CSCin46620 unfortuantly this DDTS has not been resolved yet and no forcast of which version will have the fix.

If you would like further information on this I would recommend that you raise a TAC case and ask to have your case linked to this bug

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card