cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP Boot

reilly.john
Level 1
Level 1

I received a new batch of Access Point 3502i - none of them will boot up with a correct image from our controllers.

I can take a spare AP I have right out of the box from a different source, and it boots up  and connects fine - so I know the configurations and network are fine.

The AP is connecting to the network , gets an ip via dhcp, it will communicate with the controllers but fails to get an image to boot up.

The flash is different on the AP that will not boot up.  Attached text doc

The flash on the top is from the working AP the flash dir on the bottom is from the AP's that will not boot up.

How would I correct this problem,  I think is has to do with the image but I am not sure.

Thanks in advance for your help.

JR

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The second AP looks like it may have a MESH image.  Try adding the mac addresses of the AP to the macfilter on the WLC and see if it is able to join.

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

once the AP has joined and you set it's mode to local you should be fine.

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The second AP looks like it may have a MESH image.  Try adding the mac addresses of the AP to the macfilter on the WLC and see if it is able to join.

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

Thanks Steve,

The AP did boot up with the correct image once I added the mac address to the macfilter of the WLC.

Should I delete the mesh files from flash? or does it not matter.  I don't want a problem to come up later.

Thanks again

JR

once the AP has joined and you set it's mode to local you should be fine.

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card