cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP Doesn't See Controller

Mohamad Qayoom
Level 3
Level 3

I have a Cisco 1130 AP and it can't locate the WLC. I have verified the that it's in the correct VLAN. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mohamad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Are you using DHCP option 43 to tell the AP how to get to the controller? Or you are doing over the air?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jeff.kish
Level 7
Level 7

Are your manager and ap-manager interfaces on the same VLAN? Make sure that these two controller interfaces are on the same VLAN as the AP.

Is the AP configured for DHCP? If you ordered the device as lightweight then it defaults to DHCP, but if you upgraded this from IOS then it could be set to either.

One other thing to check is to make sure the AP is indeed running lightweight code. Sometimes Cisco sends the wrong one :) Console in and see if you can run IOS commands ("conf t", etc...).

I have 18 other APs that are just working fine. The VLANs are correct. When I console into the AP, I can't do "config t." When I do "sho run," I see this, which looks suspicious:

power inline negotiation injector x.x.x.x

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

MOhamad

Are you using DHCP option 43 to tell the AP how to get to the controller? Or you are doing over the air?

Found the problem. Our DHCP didn't have IP addresses to assign to this AP. I removed some IP from the excluded range and the AP came up.

Thanks for the help.

Mohamad

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card