Replies

AP's Disassociating

nickh2022
Level 1
Level 1

4402 - Ver 5.1.151.0

AP 1242

I keep receiving these errors from WCS about my AP's dropping

AP 'AP NAME' disassociated from Controller 'CONTROLLER IP'. (6 times)

Then 2 minutes later I get another message that it associated. This will happen many times through out the day. When I look at the controller there are 3 traps that keep coming up. They are.

AP's Interface:0(802.11b) Operation State Down: Base Radio MAC: Cause=Admin Configured

AP's Interface:1(802.11a) Operation State Down: Base Radio MAC: Cause=Detecting in-line power

AP's Interface:1(802.11a) Operation State Down: Base Radio MAC:Cause=Heartbeat Timeout

I have another controller with the same software version with 1242 connected and dont have this problem.

Would would cause the problem with this specific controller and AP's?

17 Replies 17

You said you have another WLC that works just fine. Try on making the other APs there register to the WLC that's having problems. And try to register the APs that are dissasociating to the working WLC. From here, maybe we can get some ideas why you're having those problems.

Im working on an install this evening and i have a similar issue...

Get this ...

I have 30 AP1220s. These are setup to joing controller 1 for (first) controller 1 for (second) and controller 1 for (third) attempt. For testing..

The APs are on controller 2.

When you enable fallback these APS attempt to join controller 1, but cant. So they bounce... and stay on controller 2.

I disable failback and everything is fine...

i will sniff the ap tomorrow to see what it says ...

interesting .. wondering if there is a bug on the older aps...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

in my case its the 1220's ONLY that wont move...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card