Views
Helpful
Replies

AP startup gets stuck - strange behavior

news2010a
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, anyone can help on this ?

I power cycle my Cisco Access Point (Aironet 1200 series) connected thru console cable to my PC.

On Hyperterminal, I notice that after certain initialization outputs the startup process 'freezes' always at the same point. I already did power cycle the device multiple times, no improvement.

I use my console cable and PC to successfully manage other devices, therefore I am ruling out that as being the problem.

Any ideas why this is happening to my access point and how can I fix it ?

Please find next message with attached screenshot of hyperterminal captured at the moment where the output from the startup 'freezes'.

4 Replies 4

naveen_b81
Level 1
Level 1

It may be a problem related to the image. Did u try to reset the AP to factory Defaults by harware reset.

Thanks,

Naveen b

This has worked for me with APs and switches who did same thing - unplugged and replug the serial plug on the back of your computer.

Don't ask my why it works, it just did.

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

Verify that your handshake / flow control setting in HyperTerminalis set to "None" (no hardware, no software ... nothing)

Good Luck

Scott

Great that worked for me, thanks !!! 5 points

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card