Views
Helpful
Replies

AP stuck in startup - output

news2010a
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, anyone can help on this ?

I power cycle my Cisco Access Point (Aironet 1200 series) connected thru console cable to my PC.

On Hyperterminal, I notice that after certain initialization outputs the startup process 'freezes' always at the same point. I already did power cycle the device multiple times, no improvement.

I use my console cable and PC to successfully manage other devices, therefore I am ruling out that as being the problem.

Any ideas why this is happening to my access point and how can I fix it ?

Please find attached output of hyperterminal captured at the moment where the output from the startup 'freezes'.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What settings to do you have on your terminal emulator? Should be 9600, none, 8, 1 and no flow controll.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

Is the AP operational? Can you connect to the WebGUIthrough either the Ethernet port or wirelessly?

Do you have flow control set to "None" on our HyperTerminal?

Let us know

Scott

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What settings to do you have on your terminal emulator? Should be 9600, none, 8, 1 and no flow controll.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Hmmm, I think it was the Hyperterminal setting. I put 'no flow control' and that did it. Thanks all.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card