cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP Telnet Configuration: Can you set it for all AP?

BRYN JONES
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Cisco documentation mentions telnet access to AP:

The controller supports the use of Telnet or Secure Shell (SSH) protocols to troubleshoot lightweight

access points. Using these protocols makes debugging easier, especially when the access point is unable

to connect to the controller.

I can see how this would help debugging, but you can only set telnet on an AP via the CLI using the command:

config ap telnet enable (CISCO AP NAME).

This means I would have to enter the command 600 times to get it enabled on all my AP, never mind the fact that the AP I might want to debug is no longer associated with a controller and I can't therefore set the telnet enable command!

Is there a way of setting telnet access for all AP as a default on the controllers?

I also have WCs can find nothing there that helps...

any reply much appreciated

thanks

Bryn

3 Replies 3

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

If you have WCS, this can be done for all APs via template. You can also do this for ssh as well

As far as the AP that is disassociated, does it even have an ip address?

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have another option ...

You can try the "debug" combo.

1. Enable debug to the AP using the command debug ap enable

2. Run the command using the command debug ap command ""

3. Disable the debug command debug ap disable

Hope this helps.

naks
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bryn,

If the APs are all connected to the controller and you have a WCS, it is easy to push telnet/ssh config to all the aps at one go. On the WCS, create an ap template, enable telnet/ssh access and apply to this template to all the aps that you want.

Here is the path in WCS (I am using WCS version 6.0.X.X):

Configure > AP Configuration Templates > Lightweight AP > Lightweight AP Template Detail

Hope this helps.

Regards

Nagendra

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card