cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP will not connect properly to the primary controller but goes to the secondary

kwanm63my
Level 1
Level 1

I have a strange situation in which I have 2 remote APs running HREAP that will not connect to the primary controller. It keeps going to what I designated to be my secondary controller. Yes, the name and IP address are correct ( double and triple checked) when I entered the information in the High availability fields for Primary and secondary.  It's seems to ignore what I have for the Primary controller. I have 40 other remote APs and they all or not acting like this. I can test and totally remove the info from the secondary field and see what happens but was wondering has anybody seen this ?

thanks

4 Replies 4

Kayle Miller
Level 7
Level 7

The only time I have seen something similar to this TAC couldn't find a cause but rebooting the primary controller resolved the issue. No one is really sure why.. Some AP's could join the primary controller but others couldn't.. it was wierd.

Hope this help.. Please rate useful posts.

Thanks

anybody know the command under the controller CLI where you can manually tell the AP which controller to go to ?  Want to give that a shot first.. I did it once but can't remember the command.

AP#lwapp ap ip address
AP#lwapp ap ip default−gateway
AP#lwapp ap controller ip address
AP#lwapp ap hostname

Regards
Surendra BG

use "clear lwapp private-config" then use those commands.. this will erase config which the AP downloaded fro mthe previous WLC

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card