Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AP1100 - FastEthernet input errors

I recently installed 8 AP1100's with in-line power provided by the power injector type AIR-PWRINJ2 . All AP's are connected via FoildedTwistedPair cables to HPProcurve2524/4108gl switches. Both ends of the links are now set to 100FDX. The symptom is that all 8 AP's log around .5% of input errors, no crc,no framing errors. Changing the setting to 100HDX and AUTO did not change anything. I also connected one test AP with direct power and it also logs input errors on it's FE intf. The cabling is straight between the AP's and the switches . The cabling was tested and conform to the specs . Any idea's?

Thanks . Luc.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: AP1100 - FastEthernet input errors

tried a different switch or even just a different port ??

Input errors point to a lower layer problem could be a bad transmitter on the switch port

How long are the cables?

Hello,

There 8 AP's are connected to a mix of 4 different switches (2 different types) . The cable lengths vary and the max. is 89 meters .

Sniffing the line shows RSTP(Rapid STP) Hello packets which the Sniffer interpreted as illegal bpdu type . The AP1100 logs them as input errors .

So I suppose this cosmetic problem will be solved in some future IOS version ??

Views
Helpful
Replies