Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP1121G

After trying to upgrade the AP using its own IOS upgrade option, I lost my wireless connection and then had no choice but to reboot the AP. When the AP came back up I have Red-Green-Red lights on the front. I guess I have no IOS now. How do I get this thing working again?

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: AP1121G

Hi Jeff,

It sounds like you will need to use the method listed in this guide "Using the Mode button".Have a look;

Using the MODE button

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080184ad5.html#1040300

You can use the MODE button on the access point to reload the access point image file from an active Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) server on your network or on a PC connected to the access point Ethernet port.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note If your access point experiences a firmware failure or a corrupt firmware image, indicated by three red LED indicators, you must reload the image from a connected TFTP server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note This process resets all configuration settings to factory defaults, including passwords, WEP keys, the access point IP address, and SSIDs.

Follow the steps below to reload the access point image file:

Step 1 The PC you intend to use must be configured with a static IP address in the range of 10.0.0.2 to 10.0.0.30.

Step 2 Place a copy of the access point image file (such as c1100-k9w7-tar.122-15.JA.tar for an 1100 series access point or c1200-k9w7-tar.122-15.JA.tar for a 1200 series access point) in the TFTP server folder on your PC. For additional information, refer to the "Obtaining the Access Point Image File" and "Obtaining TFTP Server Software" sections.

Step 3 Rename the access point image file in the TFTP server folder to c1100-k9w7-tar.default for an 1100 series access point or c1200-k9w7-tar.default for a 1200 series access point.

Step 4 Activate the TFTP server.

Step 5 Connect the PC to the access point using a Category 5 (CAT5) Ethernet cable.

Step 6 Disconnect power (the power jack for external power or the Ethernet cable for in-line power) from the access point.

Step 7 Press and hold the MODE button while you reconnect power to the access point.

Step 8 Hold the MODE button until the status LED turns red (approximately 20 to 30 seconds), and release the MODE button.

Step 9 Wait until the access point reboots as indicated by all LEDs turning green followed by the Status LED blinking green.

Step 10 After the access point reboots, you must reconfigure the access point by using the Web interface, the Telnet interface, or IOS commands.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.......

Thank you for taking the time to research this issue. Unfortunately I have already attempted to resolve my problem using this resource but, I am still unable to successfully boot up to an IOS. Any other help is appreciated.

Try this link. It has a recovery form failure section that tells you how to load the code via the serial interface.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_tech_note09186a008019fea0.shtml

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content