cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1200 boot failure

vlad110226
Level 1
Level 1

please help..i encountered a boot fail status on my AP 1200 access point. The LED indicator displays 3 amber light. I tried to reset the AP using mode button but i receive no response from the unit. Please advise the next steps to revive my AP. Appreciate your help. Thanks

6 Replies 6

thanks, but i can't connect my access point thru console port. Even if i tried to press the mode button while i am powering my unit.

Please advise..is it possible that my unit is screwed? :(

It's dead! Time to RMA it.... especially that you can't see anything when consoled into it.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

yeah, you're right, i am now working on the warranty agreement with the vendor :) thank you..

anyway folks, what's RMA?, sorry

I suggest you to remove the 802.11g radio and reload. I suspect that the software on the AP does not meet the minimum requirement for the 802.11g radio. You need a minimum of 12.2(13)JA to support 802.11g radio. I suggest you to load 12.2(15)XR.

Please find out if you run VxWorks or IOS. If you still run VxWorks, you need to upgrade to IOS first. Then, you upgrade to IOS 12.2(15)XR.

Please respond if you do not know how to convert from VxWorks to IOS and upgrade to IOS 12.2(15)XR2.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card