cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1200 on IOS code - unable to get WEB interface

gtelles
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently upgraded an AP1200 to IOS - no conversion just a straight implementation of IOS code - absolutely no problems. Simple configuration with just an IP address, mask, and gateway. I used my laptop on the same subnet, etc. connected to a 16 port switch with just the AP1200 connected as the only other device on the switch. Just a simple private network. I could not get the WEB interface to appear. I could ping (while trying to bring up the WEB interface) & telnet to the AP, and obviously use the CLI on a console port without any problems. But the IE 6.x browser would give me the login screen and then just spin and spin - never showing the WEB interface. Login and passwords were never changed or altered from the defaults.

Any ideas on such a simple design ?

Thanks.

Greg

5 Replies 5

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

This might be some issue with the radio settings. Just check if the radio of the AP is working.

gtelles
Level 1
Level 1

I mean I could not get the web interface on the wired side; while I was pinging the unit....

Seems incredibly weird. Is there a problem with the web interface on this new code "JA1" ?

Thanks.

GREG

Did you find out any more information on this? We have 100+ 1200 APs and this has happened to all of them, following an IOS upgrade! This happend once before and TAC got us to RMA the device, but since upgrading to 12.2(13)JA, this problem has started on all of our APs. They are still up and can ping them, and clients are still up, but browsing to the AP does not work.

No, never heard an explanation. Make sure the following statement is not in the configuration:

no ip http server

I ended up deleting the entire configuration, and thought that there maybe something in the way our login and password came across in the conversion.

Hi, I work with Mccormickk, and it seems our problem here is something in our config that is eating up all of the memory. Http is the first to die, but then other processes start having the same problems, and eventually, you can no longer telnet to the device and it complains that it can not even allocate 760 bytes of memory. In our case, I don't think it is viruses (we have about 2 at any one time on the network), rather it is something in the config. (tested on a clean network). I will report back if we find a solution to our problem, but my advice is check the logs. That's where we found most of the clues to the problems.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card