Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

AP1200 Wireless Access Point constantly rebooting

Hi,

We have a AP1200 Wireless Access Point running software IOS (tm) C1200 Software (C1200-K9W7-M), Version 12.2(15)JA that reboots about 20- 30 times every Sunday night/Monday morning. Every time I check the device when it does so, all of the vitals seem to suggest it is ok: it reboots by power on, all of the ints come up, and it sees all of its neighbors. This issue does not happen at any other time during the week.

It is connected to a WS-C3550-24PWR-SMI power switch. IT has checked the cabling and the power to the area and all it is all fine. I have searched for known bugs that may have caused this, but I haven't really found anything that matches the problem exactly.

What could be the issue?

2 REPLIES
Green

Re: AP1200 Wireless Access Point constantly rebooting

Check the office or place where the switch and /or AP reseide. It sounds like either a series of power dips (like, does the cleaning person buff the floors on Sunday? the power buffer could be dragging the power down for that circuit ... try a UPS/New UPS/Different power outlet, different circuit).

It could also possible by heat buildup at either the switch or or the AP. Check the ambient temps for both around the time that the reboots occur.

Make sure are both clear of obstructions, and that there is sufficient "breathing room" around both.

Good Luck

Scott

Re: AP1200 Wireless Access Point constantly rebooting

Do you have a WLSE? If so, does it have a Radio Scan scheduled for this time? We have seen the WLSE radio scan cause issues for AP rebooting like this. Problem appears to be resolved when we upgraded the AP to 12.3(7)JA2.

Views
Helpful
Replies