Any one have the doc. or can explain the cisco black colour antenna usage / meaning of left and right antenna for ap1230 and ap1240 ? Normally we will see 2 antenna, 1 left and 1 right. My question are belows: -
1. Cisco access point 1230 and 1240 will use both antenna to transmit signal ? left antenna will in charge transmit signal to left site and right antenna will transmit signal to right site?
2. Will it work by only using 1 antenna?
3. What's the maximum distance it can transmit the signal with 1 or both antenna ?
1. the 1230 ahd 1240 access points only transmit using one antenna both antennas are used for receive. The access point will transmit from either antenna but only use one at a time
2. yes you can use only one antenna. you need to configure the radio to use either the left or right antenna or diversity fo both.
3. the distance the access point can transmit is determined by the environment. Again using a single antenna does not reduce the distance as the access point can transmit, as it only uses one antenna for transmitting.
the following link to Wireless Site Survey FAQ should have some answers you need.
The 5-GHz radio incorporates an Unlicensed National Information Infrastructure (UNII) radio transceiver operating in the UNII 5-GHz frequency bands. The 802.11g radio is called Radio0 and the 802.11a radio is called Radio The 1242AG access point supports a wide range of antennas that you can connect to the RP-TNC connectors on the 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radios. For a complete list fo supported antennas, refer to the Cisco Aironet 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Antennas.
IntroductionHow to use the Wireless LAN Controller Configuration Analyzer (WLCCA)
Javier Contreras is a Senior Tech Lead for the Wireless Business Unit in Cisco, with over 2 decades of experi...
< PRE >
(#)For this reason being that : - application that doesn't use multicast, sends one copy of each packet ( data unit of traffic at layer 3 ) to each client (" who seeks the traffic ).- application that does use multicast, sends ...
Transferring Crash file from standby:
Login to the Active WLC in HA.
(Cisco Controller) >transfer upload datatype crash
(Cisco Controller) >transfer upload filename <Desired filename>
(Cisco Controller) >transfer up...