cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1230G - IOS 12.3.8 - Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 BG - LEAP

karl.dorme
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone with problems with the intel PRO/Wireless 2200 BG card (driver 9.0.4.13 (latest)) in combination with IOS 12.3.8 on the AP's ? I had no problems with our old ios 12.2.15, but since we had the upgrade to 12.3.8 I have serious connection problems !!! and only when I use authentication.

I have already changed lot's of parameters on the client side (f.e. the only use b i.o. g etc ....) but can I do something on the AP ? without degrading the quality of my wireless VoIP ?

6 Replies 6

KEITH BEAUL
Level 1
Level 1

I to had similar problems with the same configuration as you. My problems went away after I updated the Intel Pro Wireless software and drivers to Version 10.X.X.XX

I hope your task will be simplar since I had to update 70 laptops.

I can't find any drivers version 10.x.x.x, the software yes, but the drivers for the 2200BG are stil 9 ....

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-010623.htm

Where did you found these drivers ?

Hi;

Sorry, you are right. The curent software is 10.1.1.3 and the driver is 9.0.4.13

But still, this cleared my problems.

Here's the Link

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-005905.htm

Hope this works for you.

NickChang5557
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,I have the same problem with intel centrino 2200,after upgrade AP IOS' to 12.3.8,I try to follback to 12.2(15)JA ,and upgrade intel 2200BG driver to 9.0.4.13 ,but this problem remain,...

Any way to solve it?

robert.wright
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

Are you in a mixed leap and peap environment, if so switch over to a seperate vlan for leap and peap. Have you looked into possible environmental changes such as new construction, new metal furniture? Conducted a site survey since then in the problem area?

And describe the problem please... What is your logging telling you? If you are seeing alot of 'Rogue AP' errors yet the ones being reported are actually valid, look into your ACS servers...

There are ton of possible what if's. =) Select older versions of the intel drivers are known to 'strangulate' which could be effecting the machine in question.

Hi,Thanks for your reply,

I solve this problem recently by below steps.It is work...

1.Install Driver: 9.0.4.13, Utility: 10.1.1.3 for intel wireless chip: 2200BG, and Driver: 10.1.1.3, Utility: 10.1.1.3 for intel wireless chip 2915G.

2.All the Intel centrino chip with the following setting:

Intel Throughput =>Default Value

Mixed mode protection => Default Value

Power Management =>Highest

Preamble Mode =>Long Tx Preamble

Prefer band =>Default Value

Roaming aggressive => Lowest

Transmit Power =>Default Value

Wireless Mode =>Default Value

3.Registry changes:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002bE10318}\xxxx

Where xxxx is the adapter enumeration. The number could be different on different computers.

There is a string named AdapterModel with a value of Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2915 or 2200 Network Connection in the location where you want to make the setting changes.

Look for the strings named Diversity11b and Diversity 11g. The value on your laptops is probably set at 2. Change the value to 0 (zero.)

4.Enter Intel PROset Wireless connection utility

-to enable CCKM raoming

-to disable power management

Nick Chang

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card