Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1252 5GHz link problem

PetriSignal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a root - non-root link configuration working in a big shopping mall. There is one root and a couple of non-roots. I have configured one link SSID for the 5GHz band and two SSID for the 2.4GHz clients. Also all SSIDs have different VLANs configured.

Everything works just fine most of the time, but occasionally data traffic just stops: the 5GHz seems to be associated, but data won't go through - not even ping. SNR values are over 30dB, so it shouldn't be a signal strenght based  problem. After rebooting the AP, the link starts to work again.

I've checked the area with Cisco Spectrum Expert and haven't found any 5GHz interference. IOS version for the APs: c1250-k9w7-tar.124-10b.JDA3

Config files attached.

-Petri

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Elliott Shawd
Level 1
Level 1

There are two newer versions of IOS for the 1252. Have you tested with those? It sounds like a bug to me since your signal quality is good and cisco devices usually play nice together.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Elliott Shawd
Level 1
Level 1

There are two newer versions of IOS for the 1252. Have you tested with those? It sounds like a bug to me since your signal quality is good and cisco devices usually play nice together.

Hi,

I think the IOS upgrade solved this problem. I actually upgraded the IOS code some while ago and there havent't been same kind of problems. I also configured the root-APs to use only one freq. band.

Thanks for the answer.

-Petri

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card