cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1522 RAP - DHCP Issue - no IP Add over Gigethernet

rayborg
Level 1
Level 1

We have just received 12 cisco AP1522 ( European Market). I have upgraded the Controller WLC4402 - Version 4.1.191.24M

I simulated in our lab our customers` design. When connecting the AP via Ethernet on Gig 0 port I could not observe any DHCP Packets being Tx. Connecting the cable in the internal Gig2 I have traced DHCP Discovery packets from AP and offers from the DHCP server. Still the AP did not accept the Proposal. This Ap did not appear at the controller. I have also connected a AP1240 and this was very easy to connect. I have also treid to enter the Mac Add. of the Ap. still no luck. It seems that these Ap are not working as they were intended to. Could somebody give a tip maybe there are some command to be entered which are not documented in the Cisco Guides. I also noticed that on the controller has dropped "dhcpProxy: Dropping packet (no mscb) from STA 00:1e:49:58:e9:fe, " messages were sent.

2 Replies 2

ctermini
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ray,

I've been in contact with your collegues this last week regarding this issue. More for a note for others who may come across this problem, some 'E' versions of 1522 may have shipped with incorrect code on them. There is a straighforward process to update the code, process docs and code is available via TAC.

rgds

Carlo

Thank you very much. I have already downloaded the code and the DHCP Issue is now functioning correctly.

Thanks again.

Ray

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: