Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AP350 Bridge error message

I keep getting the message Started driver port "fec0" and then Stopped driver for port "fec0" in the log file. This happens on the non-root bridge\no clients running version 12.03T. It does not show up on the root bridge. It also repeats itself every minute.

I have tried resetting both bridges to defaults and the error message re-occurs.

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: AP350 Bridge error message

Try shutting down the fec0 port and see if the system stops sending the messages. If so, the issue is with the ethernet port. Then, change the Bridge Ethernet "fec0" port to 100MB Full Duplex if it is in auto( which is default).

Re: AP350 Bridge error message

I tried doing that and also changing the duplex settings on both ends. The problem was in what the bridge was attached to directly. The problem shows up when connecting a 3com hub. It also shows up when connecting to an ethernet to fiber media convertor. The band aid solution was to put a small D-link switch between the bridges and the media convertors.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content