cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP350 Ethernet Port broken ??

JohnMax
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot ping the AP from the Lan-Side , and from the Wireless Side i cannot connect to the Lan (The Ethernet Indicator Blinking red three to five Times on Reboot). In the Setup over Serial-Port the fec0 Interface shows many Transmit Errors.

What can i do ??

8 Replies 8

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

May be the ethernet port went bad..Now do you see the ethernet LED is blinking after it boots up? It will blinks green when a packet is received or transmitted over the Ethernet infrastructure. Here is the place which discuss the status of all the LED.

http://cco/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo_350/accsspts/ap350hig/ap350ch4.htm#xtocid1

Try to use the known good ethernet cable..Tejal

JohnMax
Level 1
Level 1

The Greater Prob is that there is no Link from the switch to the access point, and in the setup i see that fec0 produce transmitt errors. I have testet many Network-Cables everytime the same Prob. I think that is a Pysical Error on the Ethernet Port on the AP.

I will give my Frind the Advice that he will send The AP to Cisco for Repair Checking.

I have seen this on several AP350's. The first one I RMA'ed but the replacement gave the sam e issues after about two weeks.

It may be an autonegotiation issue, after hard setting speed and duplex on both the switch and the AP, and restarting the AP, it has been stable for some time now.

My AP 350 does the same. The Network Ports Diagnostics "Transmit" section shows lots of errors and a few discards. I have tried all 4 different speeds on the ethernet port (with cold reboot in between) and it still errors and shuts off the fec0 port. I am using the factory provided ethernet cable and have replaced it too. I have also plugged the AP into two different switches (one non-managed D-Link and a Cisco). Still no luck. Should I open a TAC? It just seems to me like many other users are having the same problem. Latest firmware has been installed. If anyone has anymore suggestions, I would much appreciate!

I fixed it. As I was troubleshooting after a while, I realized I had routed the ethernet cable with other AC power cables. This is what was causing the transmit errors. After routing the ethernet cable along with only data cables, no more errors. The connection is now 100Full and stable.

Nevermind, it's not fixed. I re-ran the cables but the fec0 port still goes out. The green light on the back of the AP goes OFF as well as on the switch. The transmit errors show up. I am not sure how to find out what kind of transmit errors however.

Basically, the AP works fine for about 30mins or an hour, then problem occurs again. Any suggestions?

I would say open a case on that regards and provide all the details of troubleshooting steps tha tyou have done so far.

Opened TAC case and was advised it is a bad ethernet port and to get a replacement. Thanks for your help.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card